*Apologies for cross-posting*
Application review will begin June 1 and continue until the position is filled.
The Florida Institute of Technology seeks a highly motivated engineering or science subject specialist to join the Evans Library as a STEM Librarian. This is a full-time faculty position reporting to the Assistant Dean, User Experience. The STEM Librarian will support faculty and students in several departments in the College of Engineering and Science and will play a critical role in library initiatives, including scholarly communication, research data management consultation and graduate student support.
Characteristic Duties and Responsibilities:
* Serves as liaison to engineering and science departments and cultivates new models of engagement by collaborating with faculty, staff and students to create value-added services and resources.
* Partners with faculty to integrate advanced research skills into undergraduate and graduate courses. Creates research and resource guides, online tutorials, and other instructional materials. Participates on research teams providing data management consultations and research data services.
* Provides proactive research support to meet the information needs of students and faculty.
* Identifies and reviews resources supporting curricular priorities and research needs in collaboration with the Collection Management & Analysis Librarian.
* Serves on Library and university committees.
* Represents Florida Tech as needed at regional and national conferences and meetings.
* Keeps current with relevant research in higher education library trends.
Experience and Education:
* ALA-accredited Master's degree in Library and Information Science.
* Subject experience in an engineering or science field as an undergraduate or demonstrated equivalent.
* Aptitude and interest in instruction.
* Excellent oral and written communications skills.
* Enthusiasm and capability to independently identify and develop skills in new areas of engineering and science, especially related to research support.
* Exceptional service orientation.
* A graduate degree in a relevant discipline.
* Experience in an academic research setting.
About Florida Institute of Technology
Founded at the dawn of the Space Race in 1958, Florida Tech is the only independent, technological university in the Southeast. PayScale.com ranks graduates' mid-career median salaries among the nation's best. The university is a Tier 1 Best National University in U.S. News & World Report and is one of just nine schools in Florida lauded by the Fiske Guide to Colleges. Times Higher Education has ranked Florida Tech one of the top 20 small universities in the world and named it one of the top universities in the United States. Florida Tech offers undergraduate, Master's and doctoral programs. Fields of study include engineering, science, aeronautics, business, mathematics, cybersecurity, psychology, humanities, communication and education. Find additional information at www.fit.edu<http://www.fit.edu>.
About Evans Library
The mission of the Evans Library is to enable our students and faculty to positively influence the society in which they live by creating an exceptional learning and discovery environment. The Libraries will enhance their support by creating and sustaining an intuitive and trusted information environment in a culturally and technologically superior setting. Florida Tech Libraries are committed to developing innovative services, programs, spaces, strategies, and systems that promote discovery, dialogue, learning, and the nourishment of the human spirit.
Consideration of candidates will begin June 1, 2018 and will continue until the position is filled. Ideally, candidates should be prepared to begin on August 1, 2018.
To apply for this position, please visit: https://fit.hiretouch.com/home/jobs-board/job-details?jobID=48014&job=stem-librarian and upload (1) a detailed cover letter addressing how your experience matches the qualifications, (2) a curriculum vitae, and (3) names and contact information, including email address and phone number, of at least three references.
Ashley C. Huser, MLIS
Digital Resources Librarian
Psychology<http://libguides.lib.fit.edu/PSY> & Behavior Analysis<http://libguides.lib.fit.edu/BA> Liaison
Evans Library<http://lib.fit.edu/> | Florida Institute of Technology<http://www.fit.edu/>
150 W. University Blvd. | Melbourne, FL 32901
[log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]> | (321) 674-7566 |Faculty profile<http://www.fit.edu/faculty/profiles/profile.php?tracks=ahuser>
[fb]<https://www.facebook.com/fitevanslibrary> [tw] <https://twitter.com/fitevanslibrary> [ig] <https://instagram.com/fitevanslibrary/> [rs] <http://ecurrent.fit.edu/blog/category/campus/library/> [yt] <https://www.youtube.com/user/EvansLibrary>