Clemson University Libraries invites candidates for an Electronic Resources Librarian to join its Technical Services & Collection Management Unit. The successful candidate serves as Team Leader of the Electronic Resources Team comprised of the Electronic Resources Cataloger and three high-level staff. The Team Leader coordinates the functional activities of the Electronic Resources Cataloger and directly supervises two of the three staff. The Libraries’ materials budget is currently $9 million with over 80% spent on electronic resources. Electronic resources managed by the Team include e-books, e-journals, databases, streaming media, and data sets. Clemson Libraries expects to participate in the implementation of a statewide Shared Library Services Platform (SLSP) over the next 12-24 months. Systems currently used include Innovative’s Millennium ILS and ProQuest’s (Serials Solutions) Intota. This position will play a key role in the successful migration of current systems to the new statewide platform.
Library faculty are members of the academic community, with responsibilities in the areas of librarianship, scholarship, and service. This is a 12-month tenure-track position accountable to the Head of Technical Services & Collection Management.
Electronic Resources Librarianship
· Continues implementation and maintenance of ProQuest’s (Serials Solutions) Intota for management of electronic collections. Intota includes knowledgebase, link resolver, discovery, statistics, collection assessment, and ERM components. · Participates in acquisition, licensing, and renewal of electronic resources.
· Supports retention and renewal decisions for electronic resources through the collection and analysis of usage data.
· Troubleshoots and resolves electronic resource access problems. Works cooperatively with Library Technology and campus IT to resolve issues. Participates in maintenance of EZproxy for authentication.
· Provides information to public services about new resources, changes to existing resources, and resource outages. Engages with public services and Library Technology to maintain the Libraries’ discovery layer, currently ProQuest’s Summon.
· Develops and implements proactive processes to identify electronic access issues before they become problems for users. · Develops vendor and publisher relationships; schedules and coordinates demos, trials, and training with account representatives.
· Maintains awareness of current and emerging trends and technologies pertaining to electronic resources.
· Participates in planning, decision-making, and management of the Unit.
· Engages in professional development activities, such as attending conferences, workshops, and webinars related to job functions.
Research, Scholarship, and Creative Activities
· Develops a focused program of high quality research and creative accomplishments, consistent with professional responsibilities and the Libraries’ mission and goals.
· Actively participates and demonstrates leadership in professional responsibilities that serve the Libraries, University, profession, and community.
· ALA-accredited graduate degree in librarianship (or foreign equivalent) or a relevant, accredited graduate degree in another scholarly field as deemed appropriate by the Libraries.
· Two years’ experience in some aspect of electronic resource acquisition, cataloging, or management.
· Knowledge of current trends and developments in managing electronic resources.
· Demonstrated excellent oral, written, and interpersonal communication skills.
· Strong commitment to quality customer service.
· Strong organizational, analytical and problem-solving skills; demonstrated initiative and adaptability.
· Ability to work effectively in a diverse team environment or individually, to balance priorities, and to set and meet deadlines.
· Experience with an integrated library system or service platform.
· Experience in an academic or research library.
· Experience with electronic resource tools such as link resolvers, discovery services, knowledge bases, electronic resource management systems, and proxy authentication software.
· Experience reading, managing, and negotiating license agreements.
· Knowledge of fund management and budget processes.
· Experience working with consortia.
· Supervisory training or experience.
Brought to you by code4lib jobs: https://jobs.code4lib.org/jobs/29932-electronic-resources-librarian