Job Posting: ILS Manager, The Public Library of Cincinnati & Hamilton County
The Public Library of Cincinnati & Hamilton County is excited to announce the following vacancy. Please, see the full job posting on our web site under Current Openings<http://www.cincinnatilibrary.org/info/employment.asp> and apply online. The position is responsible for the management of the Integrated Library System and the three staff members on the ILS Team, which includes two Analysts and a System Administrator/Developer. We are currently a self-hosted Sierra and Encore library.
ILS Manager - Technology Operations
* Manages the staff and operations that support the Library's Integrated Library System (ILS) and related applications.
* Participates in personnel processes for staff, including, but not limited to hiring, supervision and evaluation of staff performance and identification of staff training needs.
* Leads staff members in providing the highest quality service to all internal and external customers, which include building group morale and cohesiveness, managing group processes and achieving team goals.
* Assists in long-range planning of the ILS that will meet changing and future customer needs.
* Assists with system-wide decision making through consistent information sharing, regular attendance at manager's meetings and service on committees
* Overseas custom reporting solutions developed on the ILS database.
* Collects, analyzes, and presents ILS usage and collection data to assist with system-wide decision-making.
* Maintains system usability and ensures that user problems are investigated thoroughly and solutions are pursued and communicated to staff.
* Supports integration of applications with the ILS, including third-party and Library systems.
* Collaborates with other departments within the Library about issues related to ILS processes and the development of products using ILS data and functionality.
* Ensures integrity, reliability, and security of data within the system, including the management of ILS records in adherence with the Library's records retention policy.
* Coordinates software upgrades and planned system maintenance.
* Work with ILS vendor to manage ILS contracts and invoices.
* Serves on and/or leads project teams.
* Documents and communicates ILS procedures for staff system-wide.
* Supports training on ILS functions and use to staff.
* Participates in in-service training, attends meetings, workshops and conferences, reads professional literature to maintain awareness of developments in the field of library systems and resource management and discovery.
* Represents the Library by working with local and statewide ILS professionals.
* Assists with special projects as needed.
* Provides oversight of on-site or hosted ILS servers and maintains knowledge about their maintenance and upkeep.
* Minimum of three years of increasingly responsible professional experience.
* Minimum of three years of supervisory experience, preferably at the manager level.
* Knowledge of library data, including bibliographic record structures and core library operations, such as circulation, cataloging, and discovery.
* Strong analytical and troubleshooting skills with the capacity to understand and interpret data.
* Independent judgment in order to set priorities and work independently.
* Interpersonal skills to deal effectively with staff.
* Effective verbal and written communication skills.
* Concentrates on a task despite frequent interruptions.
* Ability to think analytically and develop new or revised procedures and workflow.
* Must have keyboarding skills and the ability to read print and on-screen information.
* Ability to effectively use word processing, spreadsheet, and e-mail applications.
* Manual dexterity necessary to efficiently operate office equipment including, but not limited to, computer, calculator, and copier.
* Customer service focus.
* Considerable experience using an Integrated Library System, specifically Innovative Interfaces' Sierra
* Experience using statistical software applications and visualization tools, such as Excel, R, Tableau, and SPSS to produce meaningful insight about data.
* Knowledge of computer systems and networks as related to the use of software applications.
Cincinnati, OH, United States
Bachelor's Degree in Information Systems or Computer Science or an equivalent combination of education and experience. Master's degree in Library & Information Science preferred.
Normal business hours and some evenings and weekends
Grade 12: $74,484.80 - $113,214.40 annually
Our web site: http://www.cincinnatilibrary.org/