David & Lorraine Cheng Library
Posting Date: June 20, 2018
Closing Date: Open until filled
William Paterson University invites applications for a twelve month tenure-track position as a Systems Librarian.
Under the direction of the Head of Library Information Systems, the Systems Librarian is primarily responsible for the administration of all components and delivery of technical support for the Voyager online system.
William Paterson University is the third most diverse public university in New Jersey. As a longstanding member of the Hispanic Association of Colleges and Universities (HACU), we have been designated by the US Department of Education as a Hispanic-Serving Institution. The University offers more than 250 undergraduate and graduate academic programs that range from liberal arts and sciences to pre-professional and professional programs; it enrolls nearly 11,000 students from across the country and from over 40 nations. The University is situated on a beautiful, 370-acre suburban campus in Wayne, New Jersey, just twenty miles west of New York City.
Duties and Responsibilities:
Opportunities to Contribute: systems administration, technical support, research and inter/intra departmental collaboration
• Administers and configures the Library's integrated library system, comprised of system administration, security, users, profiles, policies, circulation, acquisitions, cataloging, serials management, and statistical data reporting.
• Serves as primary technical liaison with ILS vendor, Ex Libris; troubleshoots hardware and software problems with the Voyager and other assigned systems.
• Provides technical support for the management of OCLC software and services and works collaboratively with the Resource Management/Library Information Systems Team to coordinate database maintenance, batch loading of records and interdepartmental projects.
• Uses a variety of software tools to extract and manipulate data from various sources.
• Develops and implements procedures to integrate various systems and serves on committees
• Participates in departmental and User Education programs.
• Serves as a liaison to assigned departments in collection development activities.
Ideal candidate must possess the following:
• ALA-accredited MLS, or equivalent (by time of appointment).
• A second graduate degree is required for tenure.
• Experience working with databases and SQL.
• Working knowledge of programming/scripting languages such as Python, Perl, PHP, Unix shell scripting or like programs/languages.
• Computer knowledge necessary to perform technical-support related tasks.
• Demonstrated commitment to service and professional development.
• At least one (1) year of professional experience working with library systems.
• Second graduate degree.
• System administration experience with Linux, Windows and/or Voyager system(s).
• Excellent oral, written communication and interpersonal skills.
Invitation to apply:
Please click to apply for the position. - http://wpunj.hiretouch.com/job-details?jobid=53
Interested candidates will be prompted to:
Complete an application
Submit a cover letter & CV
Provide names/contacts of three professional references
Submission of all documents listed above is required for consideration.
If you have any general questions related to this search, please contact [log in to unmask]
The Clery Act (The Jean Clery Disclosure of Campus Security Policy and Campus Crime Statistic Act) requires all institutions of higher learning to make available to prospective employees our agency's Annual Security Report. A copy of this information is available on the University Police Department website at the Clery Act page. A paper copy of this report can be obtained at the University Police Department upon request.
William Paterson University is an equal opportunity employer that actively values and supports diversity among faculty, staff and students. Women, minorities, and members of under-represented groups are encouraged to apply.
Brought to you by code4lib jobs: https://jobs.code4lib.org/jobs/30156-systems-librarian-at-william-paterson-university-of-new-jersey