Apologies for cross-posting...
ALCTS RPLTS Interest Group Meeting - Call for Proposals
The ALCTS Interest Group, Role of the Professional Librarian in Technical Services (RPLTS-IG) is seeking proposals for presentations at ALA Midwinter 2019 in Seattle, WA. RPLTS-IG will meet on Saturday, January 26th, from 10:30 a.m. - 11:30 a.m.
As more libraries consider how to prepare for linked data, semantic web and other technologies, there often comes the expectation that Technical Service librarians will take the immediate leads on these initiatives. Our program theme will be:
Roles, Competencies and Trainings for Technical Services Librarians in the Linked Data Environment
* Emerging roles related to linked data and semantic web for librarians in Technical Services
* Competencies needed by professional librarians to prepare for the linked data environment
* How can librarians acquire linked data related skills
* Training for topics such as RDA, linked data, data curation
* Related career development for Technical Services librarians
Please note: the focus of the presentations should not be on the creation of actual projects, although examples from projects can be used.
Presenters will be allotted approximately 20 minutes, with a short time for questions after the presentations.
If you are interested in presenting, please email Kristin ([log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]>) and Suzhen ([log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]>) your presentation topic and brief description by October 31, 2018.
* Suzhen Chen
* Kristin Flachsbart
RPLTS-IG Co-Vice Chairs
* Christine Davidian
* Sai Deng