If you are using, or thinking of using, validation for your graph-based
(RDF/OWL) data, this is worth looking at. The two RDF validation
standards are SHACL, which is mainly used through the TopBraid
implementation, and this one, Shape Expressions (ShEx). Note that SHACL
is a W3C Recommendation and has "official" status, while ShEx is the
output from a community group. Some of the same people were involved
with both and there has been some work to make sure that they have
ShEx has both a JSON version as well as a very compact language (ShExC)
that is much clearer, once learned, than the SPARQL-based SHACL. You can
alternate between ShExC and ShExJ (JSON) in the primer to get a better
picture of what ShEx can do. I also recommend looking at the ShEx homepage:
because it includes links to tutorials and gives information about
-------- Forwarded Message --------
Subject: [ANN] Shape Expressions 2.1 release candidate
Resent-Date: Mon, 26 Nov 2018 18:23:22 +0000
Resent-From: [log in to unmask]
Date: Mon, 26 Nov 2018 19:22:30 +0100
From: Dimitris Kontokostas <[log in to unmask]>
To: ShEx Public W3C- CG <[log in to unmask]>
The ShEx Community Group would like to invite public review of three
* Shape Expressions (ShEx) Primer http://shex.io/shex-primer/
* Shape Expressions Language 2.1 http://shex.io/shex-semantics-20181122/
* Shape Expressions Test Suite 2.1
https://github.com/shexSpec/shexTest/ including: 1088 validation tests,
99 negative syntax tests, 14 negative structure tests and 408 schema
conversion tests between ShExC, ShExJ and ShExR.
The test suite has an Implementation Report including 4 of the 5
ShEx 2.1 is backwards compatible with ShEx 2.0. The major changes include:
* Added IMPORT functionality (round-trips between ShExC, ShExJ and ShExR).
* Added language support in value sets.
* Updated definition of semantics to clarify recursion.
* Added annotations and semantic actions to node constraints.
* ShExC grammar allows ()s around simple TripleConstraints.
* Added hundreds of tests of schema, validation and structure tests.
* Multi-line comments (/* … */).
For feature requests please note the features in the 2.next milestone:
Comments and feedback are welcome on
* the ShEx Community Group mailing list: [log in to unmask]
<mailto:[log in to unmask]> /
* the ShEx Community Group Gitter channel:
Readers may also wish to join the ShEx Community Group:
* Andra Waagmeester
* Dimitris Kontokostas
* Eric Prud’hommeaux
* Gregg Kellogg
* Harold Solbrig
* Iovka Boneva
* Jérémie Dusart
* Jose Emilio Labra Gayo
* Katherine Thornton
* Lucas Werkmeister
* Michael Cochez
* Tom Baker