Director, Content Acquisition and Resource Sharing Program (CARS)
The University of California, San Diego Library seeks applications from highly motivated, innovative, collaborative, and service-oriented professionals to join the Library as the Director of Content Acquisition and Resource Sharing Program (CARS), at the level of Associate or Full Librarian.
Applications must be submitted to https://apol-recruit.ucsd.edu/apply/JPF01948.
Responsibilities of the Position
Reporting to the Associate University Librarian for Collection Services, the Director of CARS provides innovative vision, dynamic leadership, and strategic planning for the program. This position is responsible for fostering a culture of innovation, teamwork and collaboration, based on ongoing assessments of new technologies, and the evolving information needs of the Library’s users. This position is part of the Library’s Collection Services area and works in close concert with senior management and other Program Directors in Collection Services.
● MLS/MLIS or equivalent advanced degree. Other appropriate degree or equivalent experience in one or more fields related to library services may be substituted.
● At least three years relevant supervisory experience in a library or the publishing trade (e.g. acquisitions, electronic resources management/licensing, resource sharing).
● Experience developing and sustaining a content acquisition and/or resource-sharing program.
● Knowledge of resource sharing initiatives and trends in an academic library setting.
● Expertise in licensing, materials budgeting, and managing fund expenditures.
● Broad knowledge of user-focused library technologies, services, tools, and best practices in acquisitions and resource sharing.
● Ability to manage, strategize, and prioritize program activities effectively and with a high level of flexibility to meet the changing needs of the UC San Diego campus, the Library, and the UC System.
● Superior communication and interpersonal skills.
● Strong organizational, analytical, persuasion/negotiation, decision-making, and problem-solving skills.
● Excellent leadership and management skills.
● Commitment to support diversity, equity, and inclusion in an academic setting.
UC San Diego Library knows the value of finding the right talent, and offers a robust relocation and professional development package, along with comprehensive health and retirement benefits.
Your employment decisions may also involve dual career considerations. For this reason, we provide online and in-person career and relocation assistance to spouses and partners of academic appointees in our Partner Opportunities Program. [https://aps.ucsd.edu/services/pop/services.html]
For consideration, applications must be submitted to https://apol-recruit.ucsd.edu/apply/JPF01948. Applications will be begin being review on 12/17/18 and the position will remain open until filled.
AA-EOE: UCSD is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer with a strong institutional commitment to excellence through diversity.
Brought to you by code4lib jobs: https://jobs.code4lib.org/jobs/31357-program-director-content-acquisition-and-resource-sharing-program