We are looking for a system that tracks (check-in/check-out) users, who use
certain resources (Special Collection Reading room, VR studio, etc...) The
basic requirements are
- When a new patron comes in the staff would direct them to the sign-in
terminal, where they would fill a form with the required info and agree to
- The staff would check the ID and check them in.
- When the patron is leaving they would come to the desk and the staff
member would check them out.
- For returning patrons, they don't have to fill the form since the info is
already in the system. Staff would simply check the ID and check them in
- Staff would be able to get reports on who was using the facility during a
specific time period.
This should be a simple system to implement with something like Drupal or
develop in-house. But before that, I wanted to check what others are using.
Any open source products?
I found many paid solutions, but nothing free.