This is your last chance to register for two upcoming online workshops on EAD2HTML and RDA.
EAD2HTML: Transforming your Finding Aids with XSL<https://www.amigos.org/node/1911> - February 12-14, 10:30 - 12:30 pm CST
Extensible Stylesheet Language (XSL), is a powerful tool for transforming XML documents into other formats. This workshop focuses on applying XSL to transform Encoded Archival Description (EAD-Version 3) finding aids into valid HTML5 files viewable on the web.
* Distinguish between XSL, XSLT, XPath, CSS, and HTML5
* Describe a variety of XSL elements and their function in transforming EAD to HTML
* Select and manipulate EAD nodes using abbreviated and full XPath
* Troubleshoot XSL stylesheets
* Create an XSL stylesheet and use it to a transform a supplied finding aid to HTML5
Register today at https://www.amigos.org/node/1911.
Cataloging eBooks: RDA and Provider-Neutral Guidelines<https://www.amigos.org/node/4500> - February 20, 10:30 am - 12:30 pm CST
Cataloging eBooks in a shared cataloging environment presents unique challenges. What is it--a book or a computer file? For the purpose of cataloging, is a PDF the same as an ePub, Nook or Kindle file? This two-hour workshop will answer these questions and more. The topics to be covered include: RDA definitions for online resource and eBook; RDA instructions and provider-neutral guidelines for cataloging eBooks; building MARC records for eBooks.
* Define online resource and eBook
* Identify the problem with cataloging eBooks
* Identify sources of eBooks
* Identify RDA instructions and Provider-Neutral Guidelines to describing eBooks
* Build MARC records for eBooks
Register today at https://www.amigos.org/node/4500.
You can view our entire training schedule at https://www.amigos.org/continuing_education.
Continuing Education Services Manager
Amigos Library Services
1190 Meramec Station Road, Suite 207
Ballwin, MO 63021
Open Doors: Reaching Underserved Populations
February 28, 2019