Electronic Resources Metadata Management Librarian
Please excuse cross-posting
Yale University seeks a forward-looking, collaborative manager to lead the Electronic Resources Access team. The E-Resources Metadata Management Librarian focuses on establishing, maintaining, and improving online access to Yale$B!G(Bs electronic resources. This position, which supervises a four-person team, is a great opportunity for a librarian experienced in metadata workflows as they pertain to the discovery environment. Within a changing and flexible environment, s/he ensures the effective discovery and retrieval of electronic resources by working closely with colleagues and vendors to continually improve access across multiple platforms including the library$B!G(Bs catalog and article discovery services. This service-oriented individual manages YUL$B!G(Bs troubleshooting service, focused on complex access problems.
This position works closely with other units within Technical Services and partner departments to support and improve access to electronic collections: Optimizes procedures for receiving, reviewing, and batch loading MARC records into the ILS; Partners with Library IT to manage key systems such as the knowledge base, link resolver, and article discovery service; Recommends and implements improvements to existing tools and workflows; Supports access to e-resources via IP authentication, remote access through VPN, and other network and identity management controls; Provides e-resource expertise both internally to library staff and externally to vendors and the larger Yale community; Stays abreast of emerging trends and best practices related to library metadata and e-resources; Plays an active role in e-resource related projects and initiatives as assigned.
Required Education and Experience: A Master's degree from an ALA$B!>(Baccredited library school and a minimum of 2 years of professional experience is required for this position.
* Ability to apply the principles that guide the organization of bibliographic information to the organization of electronic resources.
* Demonstrated ability working in an integrated library system or knowledge base. Conceptual and practical knowledge of the technologies used to manage and access e-resources over time.
* Familiarity with library acquisitions and licensing and how these impact access to electronic resources. An understanding of the best practices for managing the records that track electronic purchases, subscriptions, and licenses.
* Excellent oral and written communication skills; demonstrated analytical and organizational skills. Demonstrated ability to work both independently and in a team environment.
* Preferred Education and Experience: Demonstrated ability managing e-resources within an ILS, knowledge base, link resolver, and article discovery service. Familiarity with batch load procedures. Knowledge of e-resource licensing. Understanding of e-resource access issues. Demonstrated record designing projects and completing them in a timely manner. Demonstrated ability to effectively supervise, train and motivate staff.
Application: For more information and immediate consideration, please apply online at http://bit.ly/2CM2uNj. Please be sure to reference this website when applying for this position.
We invite you to discover the excitement, diversity, rewards and excellence of a career at Yale University. One of the country's great workplaces, Yale University offers exciting opportunities for meaningful accomplishment and true growth. Our benefits package is among the best anywhere, with a wide variety of insurance choices, liberal paid time off, fantastic family and educational benefits, a variety of retirement benefits, extensive recreational facilities, and much more.
Yale University considers applicants for employment without regard to, and does not discriminate on the basis of an individual$B!G(Bs sex, race, color, religion, age, disability, status as a veteran, or national or ethnic origin; nor does Yale discriminate on the basis of sexual orientation or gender identity or expression.
Candidate Development Specialist
HR Staffing and Career Development
221 Whitney Avenue
New Haven, CT 06511
T: (203) 432-0775
F: (203) 432-6194
This e-mail contains CONFIDENTIAL information intended only for the use of the addressee(s) named above. If you are not the intended recipient of this email, or the employee or agent responsible for delivering it to the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any dissemination, distribution or copying of this e-mail is strictly prohibited. If you have received this e-mail in error, please immediately notify us by telephone at (203) 432-0775 or reply to the sender and advise that you have deleted it. Thank you.