PALCI is seeking applicants for a Project Coordinator responsible for facilitating all parts of CC-PLUS project management, including documentation, tracking milestones, deliverables and project budget, event planning and meeting logistics, outreach and communication activities, and assisting with grant documentation. This contract position is funded through the IMLS grant “Establishing a Cloud-Based Consortial Platform for Library Usage Statistics (CC-PLUS).”
The contracted project coordinator must be well-organized and experienced in project management. Experience with consortia and library usage statistics systems or electronic resources is preferred. The Project Coordinator will report to the Project Director and Advisory Board, and will work with the Application Developer, and UX Developer remotely to ensure all project goals and milestones are met.
PALCI and partnering library consortia are collaborating on a two-year project, funded in part by U.S. IMLS, to develop a production-ready, open source software usage data platform for library consortia and member libraries, for the harvest, ingest, validation, display, and analysis of consortial library usage data. Partnering organizations include California Digital Library, Canadian Research Knowledge Network (Canada), ConnectNY, Couperin (France), GALILEO, Jisc (UK), OhioLINK, Statewide California Electronic Library Consortium, University System of Maryland and Affiliated Institutions, and Virtual Library of Virginia. More information about CC-PLUS is available here: http://www.palci.org/cc-plus-overview
The CC-PLUS Project Coordinator will be responsible for the following activities:
● Project management and planning
● Meeting planning, logistics, and scheduling
● Communication, marketing, and outreach to stakeholders
● Creation and maintenance of project management documentation
● Tracking of milestones, deliverables, and project budget
● Assisting PALCI staff with grant documentation and reporting
● Working with PALCI staff and the CC-PLUS Advisory Board to plan, implement, manage, and assess grant program activities
The Project Coordinator must have:
● Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
● Evidence of experience with successful project management
● Evidence of ability to translate strategic goals into actionable project plans
● Knowledge of project management methodologies
● Knowledge of or experience with open source software projects
● Comfort with project management tools and technologies, such as Trello and Google Docs
● Evidence of event/meeting planning skills
● Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail
● Evidence of ability to work independently in remote work settings
● Evidence of thriving in a fast-paced environment, and taking initiative while balancing communications needed to ensure collaborative project success
● Demonstrated comfort using web conferencing technologies and leading meetings remotely
● Experience working with statistical platforms (preferred)
● Experience working in academic libraries or consortia (preferred)
● Experience with web editing, HTML and CSS (preferred)
● Experience working with COUNTER usage data standard formats (preferred)
● Ability to travel occasionally for in-person meetings
PALCI maintains a distributed office environment. Contractor will supply office space, computer with webinar functionality, Microsoft office suite, telephone, and robust Internet connection. Our work is conducted primarily through frequent web-based meetings using Zoom, phone, and email. We use both Google and Microsoft applications.
Compensation & Hours
This is a temporary contract position. Compensation is competitive (anticipated hiring range $50-60/hour, commensurate with experience) and and will average 30 hours per month for approximately 20 months.
Please send your resume, cover letter, and 3 professional references to [log in to unmask] The position is open until filled with first consideration given to applications received by December 19, 2018.
Brought to you by code4lib jobs: https://jobs.code4lib.org/jobs/31905-project-coordinator-cc-plus-project-an-open-source-eresources-usage-statistics-platform-for-library-consortia