The Digital Commonwealth Board and Conference Committee invite you to register for its 13th Annual Conference, centered around the theme of "Responsibilities in the Digital Age."
When: Tuesday April 9th, 2019, 8:00AM-4:00PM
Where: Hogan Center, College of the Holy Cross, Worcester, MA
Register online for the conference at https://digitalcommonwealth.wildapricot.org/event-3245943/Registration.
The keynote speaker is Peter Hirtle, Alumni Fellow of the Berkman Center for Internet and Society at Harvard University, who will speak on “Learning to Live with the Legal Risks of Digital Collections.”
An annual update on the Digital Commonwealth Collection's Wooden Anniversary will be given during lunch by Eben English, Digital Repository Services Manager at the Boston Public Library.
Find more information on the keynote speakers and their presentations at https://digitalcommonwealth.wildapricot.org/conference.
Nine other speakers in three parallel break out sessions will address varying topics centered around the overall theme, including:
- Building a Community-Based Digital Archive: The Trials, Tribulations, and Thrills of LGBTQintheWoo.org
- Caring for Your Distant Researcher: Establishing Connection and Trust in the Digital Age
- Copyright and Intellectual Property Law: Q&A with An Expert
- Hyperlocal Histories and Digital Storytelling: Encouraging Creative, Collaborative, and Responsible Uses of Digital Collections
- Modeling and Viewing Three-Dimensional Artwork
- North Andover High School History Learning Lab: Our Mission and Our Digital Responsibility
- Rights Statements as Essential Practice
- Visualizing W. E. B. Du Bois: Bringing Archives into the Digital Age
- Words with Friends: Digital Preservation Peer Assessment
Find more information on the breakout session speakers and their presentations at https://digitalcommonwealth.wildapricot.org/page-1856215.
Early registration (through March 14, 2019) is $110 (members), $145 (non-members).
After March 14, 2019, registration is $125 (members), $160 (non-members).
Digital Commonwealth will once again be offering 5 complimentary student registrations on a first-come first-served basis. To qualify for one of these registrations, you must meet all of the following criteria:
a) be a full time undergraduate or graduate student in a program relating to libraries and/or archives
b) be enrolled in two or more classes for the current semester
c) agree to write a blog post entry on the conference
Once the 5 complimentary registrations have been taken, a discounted registration of $50 will be available for other students who fulfill criteria a) and b) above.
Membership & Conference Manager
[log in to unmask]