Mississippi State University Libraries seek a User Experience Specialist to join their Digital Initiatives and Web Services team. This is a full-time professional staff position. Visit http://explore.msujobs.msstate.edu/cw/en-us/job/498399/user-experience-specialist to see more details and apply.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Designs and conducts usability studies to inform website design and functionality decisions
2. Designs interfaces for new and existing websites and locally-developed web-based applications
3. Creates and customizes themes for a variety of content management systems, including Drupal and WordPress
4. Assists in performing routine website maintenance
5. Provides technical support, and training for a variety of existing applications;
6. Assists in developing the scope, plan and management of multiple projects;
7. Supervises Library Student Assistants;
8. Participates in various Library committees and attends/presents at professional conferences;
9. Performs miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned.
1. Bachelor's degree in a related field;
2. Two (2) years of related experience;
3. Demonstrated experience with user-centered web design principles;
1. MLIS from an ALA-accredited institution;
2. Experience working in an academic library;
3. Experience with Drupal or other content management systems;
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
* Demonstrated experience with user-centered web design principles;
* Experience creating concept designs, wire-frame and mock-ups;
* Experience applying web and accessibility standards;
* Excellent organizational, interpersonal, analytical and problem-solving skills'
* Excellent oral and written communication skills;
* Ability to integrate feedback from committees and co-workers;
* Ability to work in groups and independently;
* Ability to work out complicated issues.
Instructions for Applying:
All applicants must apply online at www.msujobs.msstate.edu<http://explore.msujobs.msstate.edu/cw/en-us/job/498399/www.msujobs.msstate.edu> and attach a cover letter and resume.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement:
MSU is an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, ethnicity, sex (including pregnancy and gender identity), national origin, disability status, age, sexual orientation, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We always welcome nominations and applications from women, members of any minority group, and others who share our passion for building a diverse community that reflects the diversity in our student population.
Julie D. Shedd
Coordinator of Digital Initiatives and Web Services, Mississippi State University Libraries
[log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]> | [log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]>