*Apologies for cross-posting*
What library technology topics are you passionate about? Have something you
can help others learn?
LITA invites you to share your expertise with a national audience! Our
courses and webinars are based on topics of interest to library technology
workers and technology managers at all levels in all types of libraries.
Taught by experts, they reach beyond physical conferences to bring high
quality continuing education to the library world.
We deliberately seek and strongly encourage submissions from
underrepresented groups, such as women, people of color, the LGBTQA+
community, and people with disabilities.
Submit a proposal by July 5th to teach a webinar, webinar series, or online
course for Summer/Fall 2019 or in 2020
All topics related to the intersection of technology and libraries are
- Research Data Management
- Virtual and Augmented Reality
- Creative Commons licensing
- Open Educational Resource (tools and access)
- Data Visualization
- Supporting Digital Scholarship/Humanities
- Technology and Kids or Teens
- Managing Technical Projects
- Managing Technology Training
- Creating/Supporting Library Makerspaces, or other Creative/Production
- Diversity and Technology
- Accessibility Issues and Library Technology
- Technology in Special Libraries
- Ethics of Library Technology (e.g., Privacy Concerns, Social Justice
- Library/Learning Management System Integrations
- Social Media Engagement
- Intro to... GitHub, Productivity Tools, Visualization/Data Analysis,
Instructors receive a *$500 honorarium for an online course or $150 for a
webinar*, split among instructors. Check out our list of current and past
course offerings <http://www.ala.org/lita/learning/online> to see what
topics have been covered recently. Be part of another slate of compelling
and useful online education programs this year!
*Questions or Comments?*
For questions or comments related to teaching for LITA, contact us at (312)
280-4268 or [log in to unmask]
Ally Williams, M.Ed.
Frontier Nursing University
Email: [log in to unmask]