*** Cross-posted ***
Nominations are now being accepted for the 2019 Innovation Awards for the National Digital Stewardship Alliance (NDSA)!
The NDSA established the Innovation Awards in 2012 to recognize and encourage innovation in the field of digital stewardship (https://ndsa.org/awards/). These awards focus on recognizing excellence of national or international significance in the following areas:
• Individuals making a significant, innovative contribution to the digital preservation community.
• Projects whose goals or outcomes represent an inventive, meaningful addition to the understanding or processes required for successful, sustainable digital preservation stewardship.
• Organizations taking an innovative approach to providing support and guidance to the digital preservation community.
• Future stewards, especially students, taking a creative approach to advancing knowledge of digital preservation issues and practices.
• Educators, including trainers or curricular endeavors, promoting innovative approaches and access to digital preservation through partnerships, professional development opportunities, and curriculum.
As a diverse international membership group with a shared commitment to digital preservation, the NDSA understands the importance of innovation and risk-taking in developing and supporting a broad range of successful digital preservation activities. Acknowledging that innovative digital stewardship can take many forms, eligibility for these awards has been left purposely broad. Anyone or any project or institution acting in the context of the above categories can be nominated for an award. Nominees do not have to be NDSA member institutions or individuals or project staff affiliated with member institutions, but must evidence innovative engagement with the theory and practice of long-term digital preservation stewardship at a level of national or international importance. Nominators similarly do not need to be affiliated with NDSA member institutions. This is your chance to help us highlight and reward novel, risk-taking, and inventive approaches to the challenges of digital preservation.
You can submit a nomination via this quick, easy online submission form:
Nominations will be accepted until Friday, July 12, 2019. The prizes will be presented to the winners at the Digital Preservation 2019 meeting taking place in Tampa, Florida, US, on October 16-17, 2019. Winners will be asked to deliver a very brief talk about their activities as part of the awards ceremony.
Help us recognize and reward innovation in digital stewardship and submit a nomination! We encourage all members of the international digital preservation community to submit nominations. We will be hitting electronic mailing lists, but also please promote the awards throughout your community.
The Innovation Awards depend upon the vital volunteer participation of the community. If you are interested in participating on the Innovation Awards working group to review nominations and select the winners, please contact the working group co-chairs, Krista Oldham ([log in to unmask]) or Stephen Abrams ([log in to unmask]). Working group members must be affiliated with an NDSA member institution.
For more information on the details on awards from previous years, please see here: https://ndsa.org/awards/