Under the general supervision of the Director of Collections Strategy and the Albert Alphin Library, the Electronic Resources Librarian supports the learning and teaching goals of the Berklee community through the life cycle management of electronic resources. Responsibilities include: subscription renewals and maintenance; procurement of access to e-resources, including troubleshooting; licensing support; collecting and analyzing usage statistics and assisting with report preparation; maintaining vendor relations; contributing to ongoing review and documentation of workflows for efficiency and effectiveness with collections management team; staying current with emerging trends and best practices related to e-resources.
- Essential Duties And Responsibilities:
* Establish and manage excellent publisher/vendor relationships
* Ensure consistent access to the library’s electronic resources by overseeing the library’s electronic resource management systems and associated metadata.
* Coordinate acquisition and renewal activities with publishers/vendors and staff
* Initiate trials of new products
* Manage print and electronic serials subscriptions
* Establish and maintain effective workflows with acquisitions, library support systems, and cataloging staff for all electronic resources
* Work closely with the instruction staff to understand curriculum needs
* Create and maintain electronic resource usage guides
* Participate in the ongoing assessment and enhancement of the library’s online resources
* Collect and analyze usage data from local and vendor/publisher sources and create reports to support purchase and renewal decisionsCollaborate with Associate Director of Library Systems and Web Development staff in providing technical assistance for ensuring proper functioning of resources
* Maintain the applicable electronic resource focused knowledge base systems and keep data current
* Assist in ongoing testing of electronic resources
* Participate in consortial workshops and organizational meetings
* Contribute to the shared oversight of circulation desk activities at the Alphin Library on an as needed basis
- Required Skills:
* Strong organizational skills & attention to detail
* Demonstrated ability to effectively plan, manage, and complete complex projects
* Excellent interpersonal and team collaboration skills
* Willingness to take risks and adopt successful experimental approaches
* A commitment to a culture of diversity, equity and inclusion with respect for people of diverse cultures and backgrounds
* Flexibility and a high comfort level with change is a requirement for thriving in Berklee’s agile, highly entrepreneurial culture
- Required Experience:
* Masters degree in Library Information Science from an ALA accredited graduate program and/or an equivalent strong professional experience in related area
* Two or more years of experience working in an academic or music library
* Experience supporting the management and/or acquisition of electronic resources in an academic or research library
* Strong understanding of information technology and/or library systems
* Proficiency with technologies and standards used in acquisitions, assessment and e-resource management
* Familiarity with supporting off campus-access to licensed resources and the role of access and identity management technologies such as proxy servers and LDAP.
* Demonstrated ability to analyze, implement and adapt to evolving technologies.
* Demonstrated ability to anticipate user needs and seek ways of providing satisfactory solutions
- Preferred Qualifications:
* Broad understanding of technical services operations in an academic library
* Familiarity with and working experience with reporting languages, such as SQL
* Experience working in a consortial environment
* Active commitment to and engagement with creative practice and the performing arts. Background in music a strong plus.
Applicants who are both interested and qualified should submit the following materials:
* Cover letter that addresses the applicant’s capabilities and experiences.
* A resume or CV.
- Link to list of Berklee employee benefits (paid time off, health insurance, etc)
The above information on this position description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by individuals within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job. Requirements are subject to possible modification to reasonably accommodate qualified individuals with disabilities. This document does not create an employment contract, implied or otherwise, other than an “at will” employment relationship.
External and internal applicants, as well as position incumbents who become disabled as defined under the Americans With Disabilities Act, must be able to perform the essential job functions (as listed) either unaided or with the assistance of a reasonable accommodation to be determined by management on a case-by-case basis.
Incomplete applications will not be considered.The position will remain open for applications until filled.
Berklee is committed to increasing the diversity of the college community and the curriculum. Candidates who can contribute to that goal are encouraged to apply and to identify their strengths in this area.
Brought to you by code4lib jobs: https://jobs.code4lib.org/jobs/35792-electronic-resources-librarian