As part of a larger functional team, comprised of personnel from the Libraries Systems Office, the Center for Digital Scholarship and Curation, and Manuscripts, Archives and Special Collections at Washington State University, this position will be the primary technical advocate for the creation and curation of sustainable digital collections. This position will support existing digital repository software solutions including: CONTENTdm, Omeka, DSpace, Mukurtu, and Scalar. This position will also take a lead role in continuing to refine the overall digital infrastructure and preservation plans at the Washington State University Libraries. The WSUL’s current digital preservation strategy is executed by a collection of lightweight micro-services written, primarily, in Ruby (https://github.com/WSU-CDSC/microservices) to perform digital curation tasks on objects which the WSUL maintain. This full-time, 12-month, tenure-track position reports to the Head of Systems and Technical Operations at the Washington State University Libraries in Pullman, Washington.
Salary will be commensurate with qualifications and experience. Washington State University has comprehensive benefits including medical, dental, life, and long-term disability insurance, in addition to excellent retirement programs and a generous leave program.
Master’s degree from an American Library Association (ALA)-accredited Library and Information Studies program at date of hire; excellent interpersonal, verbal, written, organizational, problem-solving and planning skills; ability to work creatively, collaboratively, and effectively both as a team member and independently and to promote teamwork among colleagues
• Experience working with or supporting a Content Management System (CONTENTdm, Omeka, Dspace or Mukurtu preferred).
• Documented experience managing complex projects.
• Familiarity with current trends in digital library initiatives, digital curation and digital preservation standards.
• Familiarity with current trends in data stewardship and data management plans.
• Experience working with web APIs (HTTP/REST/JSON).
• Comfort using version control for collaborative development (e.g., Git).
• Strong attention to access, privacy and security issues.
• Commitment to working with diverse communities.
• Willingness to participate in an open-source community.
Brought to you by code4lib jobs: https://jobs.code4lib.org/jobs/37598-digital-infrastructure-and-preservation-librarian