What content management system (CMS) tool(s) would you all recommend that
would meet most if not all of the following criteria?
- ability to showcase photos, long narratives, videos, and audio in an
archive (and ability to search for those items)
- non-tech client needs to be able to easily add pages to the website and
media to galleries via a dashboard
- ability to password-protect certain pages
- ability to optionally include blogging functionality alongside of the
- ability to optionally include e-commerce features alongside of the
archive (ie. Big Cartel or Shopify integration)
- ability to use any UI framework I want (ie. Bootstrap)
- ability to scale website easily
*Tools I've considered:*
- *WordPress: *I'm worried about WordPress being too bloated of a CMS and
possibly being too cumbersome to scale well. But I am aware that gallery
and e-commerce plugins could help with my needs and that the dashboard can
be very user-friendly for a non-tech client.
- *Omeka:* While great for creating digital archives, I'm worried that
Omeka's system may be confusing for a non-tech/non-archivist user. I also
don't know of a seamless way to incorporate blogging or e-commerce
functionality into Omeka either.
In an ideal world, I'd like a lightweight CMS that makes it easy for a
client to add and organize content (pages, blog posts, photos, video,
audio) to a preset theme and choose which pages to password-protect. On the
backend, the CMS should allow me to develop using modern web technologies
(ie. preferably Laravel, Bootstrap, Webpack, etc).
Thank you for any help!
*Olivia Dorsey Peacock, MSIS*
*Genealogist + Creative Technologist *(I design + code)
Digital Black History <http://digitalblackhistory.com/> |