SYSTEMS & DATA SERVICES LIBRARIAN
Job no: 493260
The library is seeking a Systems and Data Services Librarian to partner with teaching and learning colleagues to provide technological implementation and oversight for library information systems, digitization, research data management, metadata management, and database construction. The ideal candidate will also contribute to the continuous improvement and integration of the Library’s systems, including the library service platform, integrated library system, discovery layer, website, institutional repository, and other digital delivery platforms in support of teaching, learning, research, and scholarship.
Collaborate with team members to administer core library systems, including, but not limited to, the integrated library system (ALMA)/library services platform as well as search and discovery (PRIMO), ALMA Digital, link resolver, proxy server, interlibrary loan, and e-reserves. Lead the ongoing development and improvement of the library’s website. Communicate with internal and external stakeholders on significant system problems involving relevant library systems.
Provide technical expertise in the investigation and application of methods used to build and further develop digital collections utilizing established and emerging mechanisms, systems, and metadata standards. Partner with teaching and learning colleagues to support digitization initiatives, including management of digital assets, metadata creation, ingestion into systems, and preservation of digital materials.
Provide consultation in the areas of data management and analysis and workflow automation; provide technology support for quantitative and qualitative research software; support visualization, preservation, access, and reuse of data, especially as related to social science and digital humanities research and concepts.
Proactively research, recommend, and implement emerging applications and systems to enhance student learning, faculty research, and access to library resources.
Performs other duties related to library systems and data services as needed to accomplish the goals of the department, division, and library. Manage special projects and bring to completion on time and within budget.
· Master's Degree with at least 2 years of library experience.
· Demonstrated knowledge of content management systems such as Drupal, Wordpress, and Omeka.
· Demonstrated knowledge of database management systems such as SQL Server Express, MySQL, SQL Lite, and PostgreSQL.
· Knowledge of current trends in digital library development, digitization standards and preservation, and rights management issues relating to digital materials.
· Demonstrated knowledge of Web design and standards including CSS, usability testing, and accessibility requirements.
· Knowledge and understanding of integrated library systems and services issues.
· Familiarity with best practices in digital asset management, discovery, curation, and preservation; knowledge and experience with current metadata schemes and evolving standards.
· Practical experience with relevant scripting languages and frameworks.
· Ability to provide training and instruction on processes to individuals or small groups.
· Ability to work independently and effectively across organizational lines and in collaboration with a variety of individuals and groups.
· Strong ability to effectively identify and solve technological problems.
· Understanding of project management principles and practices.
If interested in applying, please go to https://employment.davidson.edu and submit a resume and cover letter along with an application. Fullest consideration for those applications submitted by February 24th.
At Davidson College, we believe the college grows stronger by recruiting and retaining a diverse faculty and staff committed to building an inclusive community. In order to achieve and sustain educational excellence, we seek to hire talented faculty and staff across the intersections of diverse races, ethnicities, religions, sexual orientations, gender identities, ages, socio-economic backgrounds, political perspectives, abilities, cultures, and national origins.
Brought to you by code4lib jobs: https://jobs.code4lib.org/jobs/42289-systems-and-data-services-librarian