*excuse cross posting*
Please consider applying for a wonderful opportunity at the James E. Tobin Library.
Position Title: Associate Librarian: Head of Electronic & Access Services
Extended Application Receipt Deadline: February 12, 2020
The James E. Tobin (JET) Library at Molloy College is seeking an energetic, service-oriented and collaborative professional to be the technology lead for its electronic/digital resource initiatives and access services teams. The ideal candidate will assume webmaster responsibilities over the library's website and open source installations and have experience in usability testing and accessibility standards. The JET Library is small and as such, professional staff wear many hats, however, it is also a relatively nimble environment for those who prefer to work in an atmosphere that offers a high level of autonomy.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
* Oversight of electronic resources and access services areas
* Acts in the capacity of the library's technology lead and webmaster
* Adapt new and existing web tools to improve the library's online platforms and interfaces
* Lead and/or participate in processes for usability testing, analytics analysis and assessments of the library's virtual space
* Oversee the implementation of consistent web accessibility/ADA standards
* Serve as primary point of contact for investigating and resolving web-based problems
* Manage interface customizations and the integration of commercial e.g., Ex Libris, Springshare and open source library applications e.g., VuFind, CORAL
* Continuously monitor and improve the library website's architecture and integration of web-based services into institutional systems
* Perform reference shifts as scheduled
* Provide Information Literacy instruction (either classroom or one-on-one) as assigned
* Other library-related duties as assigned e.g., liaison duties and committee work
* Master's Degree in Library Science from an American Library Association accredited school required as well as a second Masters
* A minimum of five years of experience within an academic library setting
* Demonstrated supervisory and training experience
* Understanding of library services and technologies, as well as information seeking behaviors in an academic research environment
* UX experience with measuring and monitoring how users respond to libraries' digital services and physical spaces, ensuring a commitment to user-centered library services
* Demonstrated experience using google analytics and other metrics tool in order to assess and improve patron experience via analytics and usability testing
* Strong proficiency and trouble-shooting capabilities with web technologies
* Strong commitment to the user's physical and online experience; ability to work with a diverse patron population
* Strong project management skills
* Advanced bibliographic searching skills, including extensive knowledge of academic databases, ejournal and ebook platforms
* Ability to work effectively and creatively in a rapidly changing library and college environment
* Ability to function both as a team member and a team leader
Preferred Skills and Experience
* Experience with API's and how they integrate into various library products e.g., libapps, LMS, digital repositories, discovery systems etc.
* Experience supporting web applications utilizing the LAMP stack (Linux, Apache, MySQL, PHP), as well version control tools such as GIT
* Experience with Voyager ILS, Summon, SerialsSolutions, ILLiad, ARES, Springshare products (e.g., LibGuides, LibCal) and Canvas
* Experience in AngularJS, Bootstrap and responsive web design
To Apply: Applications received by no later than February 12, 2020 will be given full consideration.
Email resume and cover letter to [log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]> or mail to:
Office of Human Resources, Molloy College
1000 Hempstead Ave.
Rockville Centre, NY 11571-5002
AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
Women, minorities, persons with disabilities and veterans are encouraged to apply.