Reporting to the Vice Provost for Academic Excellence and Effectiveness, Academic Affairs, the Director of Pfeiffer Library develops the strategic direction for our academic library and works with all our campus and consortia partners. Duties encompass the administration of library staff, resources, and services in order to drive student success, to provide dynamic customer services, and to provide meaningful learning resources. The position is accountable for ensuring patron satisfaction through effective personnel management, interpersonal relationships, project management, budgetary oversight, and continuous quality improvement. The Library Director is also the point of contact for library services on campus representing the department for archives, instruction, and outreach initiatives. Success in the position requires diverse understandings of librarianship as well as strong project management and interpersonal skills.
The position of Director of Pfeiffer Library is a full-time staff position with faculty status that is responsible for the following:
· Visions, plans, directs, and communicates library activities that are meaningful and strategic for long- and short-range programs and services that are supportive of the academic goals of the university.
· Leads the library staff and student workers to achieve the library’s and the university’s strategic initiatives.
· Prepares the annual departmental budget and effectively manages expenditures throughout the year.
· Manages the library’s physical space and assets in coordination with facilities management to further develop the library as a collaborative research and learning environment.
· Collaborates with the institutional advancement office to further grant opportunities and develop the donor base for the university library.
· Collaboratively develops, markets, and implements policies and procedures that ensure the effective delivery of services to all users. Includes working closely and cooperatively with faculty and staff from all departments and locations.
· Maintains the highest quality of library resources and services needed to support the university’s curriculum and other information needs of faculty and staff. Leads all library collection development and material acquisitions.
· Serves as liaison to academic departments providing insight on information literacy development, library resource integration, and collection development.
· Prepares end-of-the-year reports, accreditation evidence in regards to the library, the IPEDS Academic Libraries reports, and ACRL reports for Tiffin University.
· Develops, promotes, and executes user-focused information literacy instructional initiatives for all levels of students and learning styles on campus.
· Continuously advocates for the library and fosters a library culture across the campus. Engages in campus-wide opportunities to promote library resources and services to students and faculty.
· Provides reference and research help in person or through video conferencing as well as by phone, chat, appointment, and email.
· Performs copy and original cataloging and classification of materials in all formats as needed.
· Maintains, curates, and promotes the university archive.
· Represents Pfeiffer Library at various institutional, consortia, and professional events or committees. Participates in the OPAL and OhioLINK consortia. Serves as the coordinator of communications between OhioNET and Tiffin University.
· Performs other duties as assigned.
● Master’s degree in Library or Information Science required.
● Second master’s degree in a discipline field or terminal degree is encouraged.
· Prior academic library experience, particularly in a consortia setting, is highly recommended.
● Demonstrated ability to provide leadership and manage personnel.
● Demonstrated ability in creating and sustaining library partnerships and programs.
● Demonstrated knowledge of traditional and emerging roles and impacts of libraries in higher education.
● Demonstrated strong organizational, interpersonal, and communication skills.
Brought to you by code4lib jobs: https://jobs.code4lib.org/jobs/41781-director-of-pfeiffer-library