Join us for the Amigos Library Services online course, Reference and Information Services.
This course consists of four two-hour sessions:
* Monday, February 3 2:00 pm - 4:00 pm CST
* Tuesday, February 4 2:00 pm - 4:00 pm CST
* Wednesday, February 5 2:00 pm - 4:00 pm CST
* Thursday, February 6 2:00 pm - 4:00 pm CST
Early Bird offer! Register by January 13 to save.
This course will be presented in four modules:
1. Core reference skills
2. Knowing your library's collection and research skills
3. Reference resources
4. Legal and ethical issues in reference services
In addition to introducing you the key concepts and tools necessary in reference and information services, this course is also designed to encourage you to update your reference source materials and to provide you with opportunities to interact with and learn from colleagues from a variety of libraries across the country.
You will study and discuss approaches to reference and information services; the application of core reference principles and information technologies; and explore and analyze real-world reference issues as they pertain to resource selection, user privacy and confidentiality.
Register today at https://www.amigos.org/civicrm/event/info?reset=1&id=1238
Continuing Education Services Manager
800-843-8482, ext. 2897
Work Smarter, Not Harder: Innovating Technical Services Workflows
February 13, 2020