Please direct any questions to: Client Services EOP – OA | 202-395-1088 | [log in to unmask]
The following job posting for a Supervisory Librarian (Technical Services), GS-14 is open to the public and status candidates from Thursday, January 16 – Friday, February 7, 2020.
Branch Chief, Technical Services and Systems Librarian, Library and Research Services, Office of Administration, Executive Office of the President
This position is located in the Executive Office of the President (EOP), Office of Administration, Office of the Chief Administrative Officer, Library and Research Services (LRS) Division. The incumbent will serve as the Technical Services Branch Chief and LRS Systems Librarian, providing library and information services to officials and staff of the EOP and supporting policy making at the highest levels of the Executive Branch of the federal government.
The EOP is comprised of The White House, Executive Residence, Office of the Vice President, Office of the United States Trade Representative, Office of Science and Technology Policy, Office of National Drug Control Policy, Office of Management and Budget, Office of Administration, National Security Council, Council on Environmental Quality, and Council of Economic Advisers. The Office of Administration (OA) delivers common administrative and support services to all EOP components. The OA Library and Research Services Division provides reference and research assistance to EOP staff. LRS develops and maintains print and electronic collections related to the Presidency and the work of EOP components.
- Pay scale and grade: GS-14
- Salary: $121,316 to $157,709
- Promotion potential: 14
- Location: Washington, District of Columbia
As a Supervisory Librarian (Technical Services), GS-1410-14, your typical work assignments may include the following:
- Manages library resources to include staff and budgetary expenditures for print and electronic resources such as monographs, serials, legal materials, research databases, e-books, and e-journals.
- Oversees management of and access to general and law library collections in subject areas related to the Presidency, economics, political science, U.S. government, public administration, international relations, trade, and national security.
- Supervises a staff of professional librarians and library technicians.
- Establishes priorities, assigns, distributes, and evaluates work performed by librarians and library technicians.
- Provides advice, guidance, and counsels library employees regarding work and administrative matters, including addressing work performance and conduct issues with staff.
- Establishes and updates policies, procedures, and desk guides for library technical services operations and resource management.
- Evaluates, plans, oversees, and coordinates an acquisition program for library information resources, including contracts and purchase cards.
- Oversees and manages the library management system, discovery interface, and related systems, serving as a primary point of contact for library technology issues.
- Trains and guides staff in use of technical services modules of library management system.
- Plans and implements technological improvements and migrations for library systems, applications, and technical infrastructure.
- Oversees library cataloging and metadata processes to ensure effective customer access to print and electronic materials.
- Oversees management of electronic resources including license negotiation, implementation, authentication, and ongoing access.
- Plans and provides access to vendor training for librarians and library technicians.
Please see the vacancy announcements on USAJOBS for additional information, including requirements and how to apply:
Supervisory Librarian (MP – Merit Promotion) USAJOBS Announcement: OA-20-10-KMW-MP (for status candidates – current and former federal employees)
Supervisory Librarian (DE – Delegated Examining) USAJOBS Announcement: OA-20-10-KMW-DE (open to the public; all U.S. citizens)