This faculty position is a full-time, 100% FTE (10 Months) Tenure Track position as Librarian in the Division of Language Arts, Library and Learning Resources located at Evergreen Valley College.
Assignment may include day and evening responsibilities.
This position is represented by the San Jose/Evergreen Federation of Teachers, AFT 6157.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Primary focus will be in the following areas: reference desk duties, selection and organization of electronic resources, maintenance of Library Services Platform, and instruction.
1. Administer, troubleshoot and maintain the Library Services Platform (LSP), currently Alma/Primo. Serve as liaison to LSP vendor (Ex Libris), coordinate with ITSS, and manage new releases.
2. Configure and customize the LSP’s internal systems (Alma) and user interface (Primo) to improve user experience including tools, reports, modules, patron receipts and letters. Recommend and implement new features for the LSP.
3. Provide statistical data using the LSP (Alma) for library analysis, decision-making and survey reporting.
4. Collaborate in selecting and maintaining the library databases. Support eResources Librarian with database and eBook integration and troubleshooting within the LSP (Alma/Primo).
5. Provide reference, research and information services to students, faculty and staff.
6. Conduct orientation lectures and library instruction for college classes, communicating effectively and adapting methodologies for students with special needs and different learning styles.
7. Implement innovative hands-on learning teaching strategies and create effective supporting instructional materials, including print and online activities, tutorials, guides and handouts.
8. Participate in the planning, evaluation and assessment of library services.
9. Review and select library materials.
10. Serve on college committees and participate in college activities including, but not limited to, program review, accreditation and other campus-wide endeavors.
11. Demonstrate commitment to professional development, including but not limited to activities such as: participation in professional conferences, workshops, seminars, membership in professional organizations, research projects, publishing academic work, participation in statewide committees or organizations, etc.
12. Demonstrate sensitivity in working with students and staff of diverse racial, ethnic, academic and socio economic backgrounds, sexual orientation, and disabilities by showing respect for differences and the dignity of others.
13. Participate in faculty responsibilities such as: course and curriculum development and review, student learning outcomes and assessment, program review, committees, research and special projects as needed in the discipline/department or district.
14. Attend and participate in department, division and college meetings and keep posted office hours.
15. Meet record keeping obligations on time, e.g. grades, census, reports, rosters, textbook orders, and requisitions.
16. Maintain and provide current course syllabi as required by California Education Code and Board policy.
17. Foster a professional work and learning environment.
18. Perform other duties as required by the Collective Bargaining Agreement.
Brought to you by code4lib jobs: https://jobs.code4lib.org/jobs/42743-librarian-systems-and-reference