WHAT YOU WILL DO:
As the Systems and Web Librarian, you will collaborate with colleagues to provide reference and outreach services to state agency employees as part of the Government Information and Library Services division. You’ll coordinate library-specific systems for the division, including the performance, configuration, integrity, and interoperability of the division’s integrated library system and optimization of user experiences through public interfaces. You’ll also serve as division webmaster, using data analytics and usability studies to evaluate the effectiveness and accessibility of current and future user interfaces.
WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR:
· Two or more years professional library experience
· Knowledgeable in both reference and instruction
· Demonstrated knowledge of integrated library systems configuration and functionality
· Working knowledge of database systems such as MySQL
· Working knowledge of server-side scripting language such as PHP
· Familiarity with web accessibility standards, information architecture and content management systems
· Proven ability to meet deadlines and multiple demands of concurrent projects, demonstrating creative, analytic and problem-solving skills.
· Demonstrated commitment to supporting diversity and inclusion.
PREFERENCE MAY BE GIVEN TO CANDIDATES WHO HAVE:
· Experience facilitating automated connections and communications between an integrated library system and a resource sharing management system (such as ILLiad)
· Working knowledge of application programming interfaces (APIs)
· Working knowledge of the SirsiDynix Symphony integrated library system
· Coordinates library-specific systems for the Government Information and Library Services division, including the performance, configuration, integrity, and interoperability of the division’s integrated library system.
· Performs ongoing evaluation and improvement of division library systems and user interfaces.
· Perform ongoing evaluation and improvement of division library systems and user interfaces.
· Provides reference and instruction responsibilities to state agency employees.
To apply: https://oregon.wd5.myworkdayjobs.com/SOR_External_Career_Site/job/Salem--OSL--State-Library/Systems-and-Web-Services-Librarian_REQ-46011
Brought to you by code4lib jobs: https://jobs.code4lib.org/jobs/45220-systems-and-web-services-librarian