Job Title: Supervisor Digitization Services
Location: 325 NORTH MICHIGAN STREET, TOLEDO, OH, 43604, United States
Employee Type: Exempt
Job Category: Supervisor Reference
Required Degree: Masters
Under the Supervision of the Local History & Genealogy Manager, is responsible for digitization project management and tracking and workflow, materials assessment, planning and coordinating the digitization of materials from internal agencies and external customers, and oversight of the digitization of materials (scanning or digital photography and data migration) including the supervision of staff, policy development and workflow.
1. Manages the continued growth and development of digitization projects and implements new projects as they arise, including identifying and evaluating potential digitization projects; selecting materials for digitization; resolving intellectual property and privacy issues; overseeing the scanning of materials and creation of descriptive metadata; migrating data.
2. Supervises clerical and librarian staff involved in the digitization process. Monitors, updates, and enhances metadata for the digitized items.
3. Supervises archival processing, the creation of metadata and the ingest of assets into the digital collection management platform.
4. Ensures quality and consistency of digital records and metadata. Determines means and methods for assessing production quality and tracks statistics and feedback.
5. Serves as a point person and advocate for library digitization activities in the region, state, and at the national level. Coordinates, plans, and conducts community scanning events.
6. Manages project communications and contributes to website, blog posts, and social media presence.
1. Advanced knowledge of digitization systems, standards, and technology.
2. Working knowledge of emerging standards in digital collection management systems, including the use of CONTENTdm digital collections management software and Content Management System software.
3. Familiarity with copyright as it relates to digitization of cultural heritage materials.
4. Advanced knowledge of library/archival metadata standards and practices.
1. Master’s degree in Library/Information Science or related experience.
2. Experience working in a library, archive, or cultural heritage organization.
3. Proven proficiency in project management and the ability to take ownership of a project within a complex administrative structure.
4. Experience handling delicate and rare/valuable special collection or archival materials. (Preferred)
5. Experience in the field of digitization, including knowledge of best practices for imaging, analog to digital media conversion, metadata skills; ability to manage and maintain a digital collections repository.
6. Supervisory experience. (Preferred)
Brought to you by code4lib jobs: https://jobs.code4lib.org/jobs/49750-supervisor-digitization-services