Hello, everyone! The latest major release of VuFind came out today. See below for a full press release, and please let me know if you have any questions!
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
VuFindŽ 8.0 Released
Villanova, Pennsylvania - September 20, 2021 - Version 8.0 of the VuFindŽ Open Source discovery software has just been released. This major release includes significant new functionality and technical improvements.
Some key additions and changes:
- Significant enhancements to the record indexing process, including a new tool for loading data from CSV files, significant performance and functionality enhancements to XML indexing, and improved handling of creator names in MARC records.
- Improvements and updates to citation generation.
- Expanded support for user management of holds (including freezing and editing capabilities).
- Support for displaying bookplate images on record pages.
- Significant architectural improvements which will support the development of third-party plug-ins and more future-proof theme designs.
- Full compatibility with PHP 8.
- Updates to bundled tools, including Solr 8.9 and SolrMarc 3.4.
Additionally, several bug fixes, new configuration options, third-party integrations, performance enhancements and minor improvements have been incorporated.
Questions about the new release or VuFindŽ in general can be directed to Demian Katz, the lead developer of the project at Villanova University. The software and its documentation may be found at https://vufind.org.
[log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]>
Falvey Memorial Library
800 Lancaster Avenue
Villanova, PA 19085