Media Lab Assistant (F/T), CFRN13915LRC
The College of DuPage is a comprehensive community college located 27 miles west of downtown Chicago, vitally connected to our local area for over 50 years. We prepare students for a lifelong passion for learning on our 273-acre campus which is home to nine associate degrees and a wide variety of professional and technical certificates. Many of these credentials prepare students to seamlessly articulate into the baccalaureate programs of our higher education partner institutions.
College of DuPage is committed to student success and values an inclusive and welcoming community environment. We are an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity in the workforce. Our connection to the larger metropolitan area is essential to our success and provides a wealth of diverse cultural and recreational opportunities.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
Perform functions related to the daily operations and services of the Library Media Lab. Facilitate access to Lab resources and maintain the Lab according to defined policies. Provide technical assistance with the Lab's computers, software, equipment, and media production spaces. Serve as a consultant to students exploring and creating digital media for their program of study, career path, and/or personal development. Assist with the production of promotional materials and outreach events.
• Serve as an initial point of contact for Media Lab patrons.
• Provide basic instruction on using equipment, orientation to software, and assistance with media production spaces.
• Develop and maintain guides for use of Lab resources.
• Set up and break down media production spaces (i.e. video, audio, photography, virtual reality).
• Circulate Media Lab equipment and monitor its condition.
• Use comprehensive knowledge of Media Lab policies to answer questions and resolve patron problems and issues.
• Participate in outreach activities that raise awareness of the Media Lab.
• Ensure that all Media Lab resources are in good working order.
• Other duties as assigned.
• High School diploma or GED required.
• Associate's degree in relevant field preferred.
• One year of customer service; one year of experience with digital media equipment and software required; proficiency in written and spoken English required.
• Two years of customer service preferred; experience providing user assistance with digital media equipment and software; library work experience preferred.
• Macintosh computers; Microsoft and Adobe applications; video and audio editing software and recording equipment.
• Work primarily occurs in a computer lab inside a college library and involves regular contact with students and the public.
• Required to spend long periods of time at a computer monitor and keyboard with some exposure to electromagnetic fields from video displays.
• Must have the visual acuity to read computer screens.
• This position requires a background check and drug screen.
Competitive starting salaries are dependent on education and experience. College of DuPage also offers a generous benefits plan.
College of DuPage is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to diversity and creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
College of DuPage does not discriminate against individuals in employment opportunities, programs and/or activities on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, age, national origin, ancestry, veterans' status, marital status, disability, military status, unfavorable discharge from military service, or on any other basis protected by law.
To apply, visit https://apptrkr.com/2726608
Brought to you by code4lib jobs: https://jobs.code4lib.org/jobs/51034-media-lab-assistant