Black Lunch Table is searching for a Web Developer to work on the digital application that enables search
and discovery of our archive. The work will include: creating and modifying React components for our
application, implementing styles and UI as provided by our designer, integrating external APIs, working
with AWS services, and other tasks depending on developer interest.
Our top priority is to find a developer with great communication skills who believes in the project. This is
fun development work that touches a lot of tools and languages and presents a great opportunity to dig
into the area of the tech stack that interests you most. You will be the 2nd developer on the team (working
with the lead developer/software architect) so your work and opinions will make an impact. The project is
in early-stage, active development.
There is a wide variety of experience that can be relevant for this role so please don’t be afraid to apply.
We are looking for someone versatile, curious, and able to learn. We are happy to train the right person
on archives and library technologies and concepts.
This contracted position will conclude at the end of December 2022, with a possibility of renewal.
Compensation commensurate with experience.
● Experience with React, ideally familiar with Next.js and SSR concepts
● CSS, Material UI, styling in React
● Github experience and best practices
● Written communication skills (for documenting your work)
● APIs and data integration
● Experience with AWS
● Demonstrated investment in Black lives / social justice issues
● This list is not hard and fast; please apply if you feel you’d be a good fit and good learner.
● Ability to write basic Python scripts (we process data and transcripts in Python)
● WordPress development experience (we have a marketing site built in WP that may need future
maintenance and development)
● Familiarity with library and information science concepts and tools like metadata, Linked Data,
● Familiarity with indexing for search, specifically we use Algolia
This position is remote and contracted. Compensation for this contract position is based upon
experience with a range of $15-20k. Start date is asap! Position is open until filled.
Email [log in to unmask] with resume and cover letter to apply.
Brought to you by code4lib jobs: https://jobs.code4lib.org/jobs/52566-web-developer-for-digital-archive