I know that many of you are very actively involved with electronic theses
and dissertations and so may be interested in this conference.

Best
Dan

Daniel Greenstein
Director, Digital Library Federation
1755 Massachusetts Ave, NW, Suite 500
Washington DC 20036
ph: (202) 939-4762
fax: (202) 939-4765

---------------------------------

<http://library.caltech.edu/etd>ETD 2001

Call for Papers

Fourth International Symposium
on
Electronic Theses and Dissertations

March 22nd, 23rd, and 24th

California Institute of Technology
Pasadena
California

Deadline: January 15th, 2001

ETD 2001 wants you to participate!

We invite submissions on all topics related to the creation and maintenance
of
ETD repositories. Examples of possible topics include:
    * Intellectual Property:  Copyright, Patent, and Prior Publication
    * Organizational Issues:  How to manage the submission and approval
process
    of ETDs?
    * "Alternative" Theses and Dissertations:  How important is traditional
    linear text?  How will we assess the intellectual content of a
multimedia
    work?  What works qualify as ETDs?
    * User-Education and Software-Development Issues
    * Standards for Archiving Multimedia Documents
    * Etc.

There is room for a limited number of contributed papers and poster
presentations. For full consideration, please submit Title, One-Page
Abstract,
and Author Names as soon as possible, but not later than January 15th, 2001.

<mailto:[log in to unmask]>Submit Title, One-Page Abstract, and Author Names
Here!

Editor Contact Information:

ETD 2001 Submissions
c/o John H. Hagen