For information
Dan
ANNOUNCEMENT:

The School of Information Studies at Syracuse
University, Syracuse, NY, is pleased to announce a new
award competition for librarians in all areas of the
profession. The 21st-Century Librarian Award will
recognize a librarian who has been a leader in the
evolution of librarianship in our increasingly global
and digital information environment.  The award is a
project of students in Syracuse's MLS program, who
have developed the criteria for the award and will
judge the applications and make the final decisions.
This is the first annual competition for what we hope
will become a major award in our field. This year's
award carries a cash prize of $5,000.

Candidates for the award may be nominated by others or
may submit applications on their own behalf.
The deadline for applications is March 30, 2001;
third-party nominations must be submitted by February
28, 2001.
Details about the 21st-Century Librarian Award are
available at
<http://istweb.syr.edu/librarianaward/>.