The Spring 2003 DLF Forum will take place Wednesday
May 14-Friday May 16, 2003, at the Sheraton New York Hotel and Towers, 7th
Avenue and 53rd Street, New York City.
Information about registration and the Forum will be available soon at the DLF web site: http://www.diglib.org/forums/spring2003/
Information about past Forums can be found at: http://www.diglib.org/forums.htm
Staff at DLF member institutions are invited to submit proposals for papers and panel discussions by dealing with any aspect of digital library development. Suggested areas of particular interest include the following:
* Formats: digital audio and video: successes and challenges
* Preservation: needs, progress, national policy
* Production: challenges, workflow, scale, sustainability
* Tools: creation and delivery of digital library content
* Commerce: the digital library as entreprenurial activity
* Services: aggregating the commercially-available "data silos"
* Teaching: courseware and the digital library in the classroom
Proposals for presentations should be brief (c.250 words) and supply a title and short abstract.
Proposals for panel discussions should supply a title for the panel discussion, briefly outline its purpose, and supply the panelists' names alongside titles and short descriptions for their respective contributions.
"Birds-of-a-feather" sessions can be made available if demand dictates -- these provide for informal discussion between interested parties on a specific topic. Anyone attending the Forum is eligible to propose and organize a session.
Proposals for papers, panels, and Birds of a Feather sessions should be submitted to [log in to unmask] Please include the phrase "forum proposal" as the subject heading in your email.
Deadline for proposals: Monday
Selection made by: Monday March 17
Registration for attendance: Friday April 4
Director, Digital Library Federation
1755 Massachusetts Ave., NW, Suite 500
Washington, DC 20036
e-mail: [log in to unmask]