There are many varied skill sets that different types of librarians
have.  Just as not all librarians are catalogers, not all librarians
need to be programmers. Should there be technology/programming tracks in
all library and information science schools?  Definitely.   Should some
of us be taking programming and networking classes as part of our
professional development, and integrating those skills into our work?
Of course.  Should all librarians be capable of programming?  Definitely
not.  I can envision a world where libraries have CS librarians on staff
just as they have catalogers and reference librarians.  Hey, wait, I
think I'm in that world now!