Along these same lines, this just came to my attention:
http://www.swarthmore.edu/SocSci/tburke1/perma12004.html.  While I've run
into the same attitude that Eric has (librarians hardly trust each other to
make comments, much less patrons), it seems as though a rich (dare I say
Web?) of comments and links about and between records might be very helpful
to many.

--Th