From: Eric Lease Morgan
To: [log in to unmask]
Sent: 1/27/2004 5:38 AM
Subject: Re: [CODE4LIB] ILS component for book reviews?

On 1/26/04 6:16 PM, "Binkley, Peter" <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

> Edmonton Public Library wrote a Cold Fusion app to allow this - go
here:

http://sirsiweb.epl.ca/uhtbin/cgisirsi/y67aMmh2IU/196570026/5/1?searchda
ta1=

Harry+Potter+and+the+Order+of+the+Phoenix&srchfield1=TI^TITLE^TITLES^Tit
le+P
> rocessing^&match_on=EXACT&library=ALL
>
> Click on the second record (the book version), then click "Write a
review"
> in the box on the right. They've kept it dead simple; I imagine it
wouldn't
> be hard to adapt a threaded-discussion package to add the extra
features you
> mention.

Peter, very nice! Thank you for sharing. In general, do you get the
impression the review service is well received by your patrons?

--
Eric Lease Morgan
University Libraries of Notre Dame