On 2/9/04 1:35 PM, Eric Lease Morgan <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

> I have two new ideas (at least new for me), and the first one is called
> iIndex: Search Your Own Stuff...

The other idea is something called mailinglist2rss.pl.

Mailing lists are cool and work quite well. RSS is great way to syndicate
content. I thought I might be able to combine their strengths by writing a
procmail recipe that listens to a mailing list. When the recipe receives
input it first pipes the email message to a mailing list archiver (say,
Hypermail). Next, the recipe updates an RSS file where the new message gets
pushed onto a stack. This RSS file is then syndicated to various RSS
readers.

Such a program, mailinglist2rss.pl, would allow people to monitor a mailing
list without having to subscribe, nor would they have to actively visit the
mailing list archives for updates.

What about this one?

--
Eric Morgan