Responding to Roy's interesting suggesting and being mindful of
Walter's/Cliff's cautions, my tale of woe in the hard-copy world was always
wanting a way to get at that "In Brief" stuff without having to eyeball the
journal.  Today, online "In Brief" notices still need to be found
efficiently by some of us for various reasons.  Anything that improves
retrieval of these smaller items would be welcomed by me.  You are correct,
Walter, that the best federated search results are those resulting from
standards-based procedures; but I like Roy's idea, too, for the other,
smaller stuff.

Back to lurking now.
Din.

Donna Dinberg
Systems Librarian/Analyst
Virtual Reference Canada
Library and Archives Canada
Ottawa, ON   K1A 0N4
Voice:  613-995-9227
E-mail:  [log in to unmask]

<Opinions all mine, of course.  Usual disclaimers apply.>

     <snip>
< The best federated search