Kevin S. Clarke wrote:

>I had an inclination to look at Cocoon before starting the project but
>didn't... now I wish I had! :-)
>
>Probably wouldn't be too hard to redo for version 2 though if it proves
>popular with our patrons...

It seems that there are a number of us working on local "version 1"s :)

At the risk of changing the subject line, I'm curious if anyone has
solved the problem of remote authentication cookies in the context of
this class of parallel federated searching.  I've found the combination
of PHP and curl a fairly effective tool for a limited range of datasets
(a dozen or so).  It can manage the cookies to get in to the kinds of
targets that libraries typically licence access to, but when it comes
time to hand over the session to the client, the server process ate all
the cookies or is hoarding them in the server-side cookiejar.  I could
try and pass them on, but given that it is a significant breach of
protocol to issue from *my* server cookies that purport to come from
Ebsco or whomever, I'm stuck.

PHP and curl are largely a serial answer, in a game that requires the
kind of parallel management that 2.1. of Cocoon purports to offer in
order to scale up.

Anyone seen a way around this that the big players use?

Walter Lewis
Halton Hills