Binkley, Peter wrote:

>I wonder if you could fake it using EZProxy, which does a good job of
>managing cookies for proxied resources. Have the metasearch process start an
>EZProxy session and then hand that over to the user.

I had a sense that proxies were going to enter into the solution in some
fashion, especially given that the metasearch is almost a proxied search.

Does anyone have any experience with EZProxy or its competition in this
context? The EZProxy docs suggest that the OOTBE is designed to handle
passing people on to the authenticated start page.  In the federated
search paradigm we're trying to hand them off to a moderately relevant
results page.  Any insight at this stage could save a lot of time.

Thanks.

Walter Lewis
Halton Hills