Ed and I and some other folks living in code4libville and /u/l/i-land
have used various chat systems off and on for a while, but lately we've
been wishing there were a regular irc channel for us all to hang out on.
  Now there is:

   #code4lib on freenode (irc.freenode.net)

We'd like to invite any folks interested in the same objectives as this
list to stop by often and much.

Assuming that not everybody here is necessarily irc-savvy (i'm sure not,
for one), we'd like to request only to keep things newbie-friendly.  If
need be you can find some starter tutorials, tips, and tricks at:

   http://www.irchelp.org/

Hope to see you there!

   -Dan

--