I think the Cocoon angle to this would be to use the session context which holds all the cookies, so to speak. I also think Cocoon uses the apache HTTPClient app for retrieving remote web pages, and if so, I know it has a method for listing all the cookies used for web requests. But I haven't done any of this so I will try to set up a test.

art

Inactive hide details for Walter Lewis <<a href=[log in to unmask]>">Walter Lewis <[log in to unmask]>

cc

Subject

Re: [CODE4LIB] Remote authentication cookies (was Re: [CODE4LIB] index of open access journals)

Binkley, Peter wrote:

>[snip] At the end of this, the user should get a page that has everything needed to
>replicate the search environment that the federated search agent set up. To
>get all those cookies set without hassles, it might be necessary to access
>the result page via EZProxy.

Thanks for setting up the general context of this approach.  My
preliminary work uses PHP and the curl library, so we'll see if I can
get curl to spill the cookejar.

To those that talked of Cocoon as an environment to frame this kind of
solution, does any of this thinking translate?  I'm assuming that the
need to pass authentication would in a number of instances still require
passing remote authentication cookies in some proxied fashion.  Or is
there a better way?

Walter Lewis
Halton Hills