At 01:35 PM 04/29/2004 -0400, William Wueppelmann wrote:
>After taking a quick look at the codes, I am guessing that this regexp
>should remove all of the ANSI escape codes from your data:
>
>s/\033\[.*?[a-z]//ig;

oh, very nice. that does get almost everything, and i can work on ways of
picking off the rest. this'll be much easier than trying to write an ANSI
escape character converter, which is *so* not what i wanted to do today.
(i'm suprised there doesn't seem to be one though.)

Thanks to everyone -- this helps. And I'm still definitely interested in
any scripts folks are willing to share for how you've gotten Expect to chat
up your OPAC.

thanks
Ken

Ken Irwin                                               [log in to unmask]
Reference/Electronic Resources Librarian        (937) 327-7594
Thomas Library, Wittenberg University