Kenneth R. Irwin wrote:
> In general, I write a program if I think it'll take less time to write the
> program than it would to solve the problem by hand (or, if about the same,
> if writing the code will be more interesting.)

If it's something I'm doing over and over again, I'll eventually script
it if I think it'll save me time in the long run.  But most of my
programming effort goes toward maintenance and bug fixes (and these
might be huge kludges if I'm working around a vendor's product with no
source code).

Now how many people still find coding exciting after doing it for a
living, or learn new languages just for the hell of it? :D

-- Jason