> > Screen scraping is for the birds!!

no doubt, but as others have said, something we prolly have to do in the
(hopefully) short term....that said....

the reason i'm doing this screen scraping (which i first did in 1996,
and its actually gotten worse with all the session cookies, etc) is that
III is pitching a "federated" search called MetaFind....we're buying a
decent chunk of their new-ish tools, but that isn't one of them....and
its expensive....

just hoping to find some like-minded folks, who would be interested in
taking on a project like this, regardless of the tech/language used, and
sharing the results....

rc

btw: III does have a product now that exports XML from their
catalog....interestingly enough, their rep didn't even
try to sell it to us....our line of questioning lead her to discuss
it...

the reason she didn't pitch it: "some libraries really asked for the
capability, so we did it....when we started showing it to libraries, no
one knew what they would do with it, so it hasn't been a huge selling
point...."

...and its cheap to boot (i believe)...