please excuse the cross-posting....

i've been playing with screen scrapers again, trying to put together
some kind of federated searching for our databases and
collections....mainly proof-of-concept...

its very incomplete, but if anyone feels like taking a look, here it is:

    http://junk.lib.muohio.edu/search/federated/

there is a tarball with the cgis, php scripts, and example result lists
for the dbs

i'm mainly posting this in case someone can figure out how better to
parse some of the database search result lists (jstor has been
particularly problematic)....oh, how i long for xml output.....

the current scrapers i've got are ebsco, jstor, dataware (ohio-centric),
and the III catalog....i'll tackle lexis, and a few others in the near
future.....

anyway, comments/help appreciated....i'm using perl, lwp,
html::treebuilder, cgi, and uri, and my perl is rusty at best....