From: Code for Libraries [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of
Ben Ostrowsky
Sent: Monday, May 17, 2004 1:18 PM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: [CODE4LIB] Providing a Z39.50 interface to non-MARC records

The visionary gadfly in our office (also known as the Big Boss) asked
what
would be involved in making the information in a database available
through
Z39.50.  (I'm thinking about the fairly simple SQL database at
http://www.pinellascountyhistory.com/ .)

I know we'd have to have something that acts as a Z39.50 server, and
we'd
also have to have something that connects the first something to the
backend
database, mapping fields.

Can anyone suggest toolkits and/or point out things I should be
pondering?

Ben