It is my pleasure to pass on this very good news from Brad Westbrook (UCSD) of the success he and his colleagues have had with the Archivists Toolkit – another example of an early “incubator” DLF investment bearing fruit.  The proposal itself is attached with Brad’s permission (although I would ask that you do not circulate the proposal publicly without talking to him), and if you are interested in this work I would encourage you to contact a member of the AT team.

David

From: Bradley D. Westbrook [mailto:[log in to unmask]]

Dear David Seaman,

Good morning.  It is with great pleasure that I write to tell you The Andrew W. Mellon Foundation wil fund the Archivists Toolkit project.  This is a two year, joint project involving staff in the UCSD Libraries, the NYU Libraries, and the Five College Libraries.  As you well know, the project is greatly indebted to the Digital Library Foundation and its funding of the two "Archivists Workbench" meetings in 2002, one at UCSD in February and a second at Mt. Holyoke College in November.  Resolutions developed at those two meetings greatly informed the project proposal funded by The Mellon Foundation.

I am attaching a copy of the proposal, as funded, for your records.  Sections 2.2 and 2.3 detail the import of the two Archivists Workbench meetings.  I hope that the project team will have the opportunity to report its efforts at a DLF Forum in the near future.

Most respectfully,

Bradley D. Westbrook
Geisel Library, 0175C
UC, San Diego