From: David Huckleby [mailto:[log in to unmask]]
Sent: Tuesday, July 20, 2004 2:59 PM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: [CODE4LIB] iPods as a library

I understand the theoretical need to have libraries stored on small devices.
  However, with the push of wireless technology (phones, not 802.11
networks), a single repository that serves the data to wireless enabled
devices, to me, seems the most logical choice.  Already, I can download
songs to my phone.  Why not text on a device a little larger?
I think back to the guy who spent all his time focusing on getting as much
reflection and light out of a candle as possible, to make as much light as
he could.  He never saw the switch flip.

Putting libraries on a storage device is a great start, but at what point do
we get tired of the manufacturing costs.