So, should Apple call its super iPod "memex"?

Consider a future device for individual use, which is a sort of mechanized
private file and library. It needs a name, and, to coin one at random, "memex"
will do. A memex is a device in which an individual stores all his books,
records, and communications, and which is mechanized so that it may be
consulted with exceeding speed and flexibility. It is an enlarged intimate
supplement to his memory.

As We May Think
by Vannevar Bush

http://www.theatlantic.com/unbound/flashbks/computer/bushf.htm

William Loughner
Physical Sciences Bibliographer (Ret.)
University of Georgia Libraries

706-542-0692

In Iraq, the result is the humiliating defeat of the largest, richest, most well-armed state in the history of the world. Small guns beat big guns.
    -- Lew Rockwell

To-day, then, since I have opportunely freed my mind from all cares [and am happily disturbed by no passions], and since I am in the secure possession of leisure in a peaceable retirement, I will at length apply myself earnestly and freely to the general overthrow of all my former opinions.
    -- Descartes, Metaphysical Meditations