Dan Chudnov and I have just posted a draft paper which is currently
entitled "Service Autodiscovery for Rapid Information Movement". It is
available at http://curtis.med.yale.edu/dchud/writings/sa4rim.html. It's
summary reads:

"In this informal paper we review several exciting recent advances in
online information services, and how users navigate through and move
information between a multitude of resource types. We consider ways in
which those advances bring us closer to, but still fall short of,
meeting the ultimate user requirements of simplicity and coherence. We
propose expanding on the model of "autodiscovery" as a means to enable
both users and machines to move more freely between human and machine
interfaces."

Any comments or feedback folks have would be greatly appreciated!

-- jf

===================================

Jeremy Frumkin

The Gray Family Chair for Innovative Library Services

121 The Valley Library, Oregon State University

Corvallis OR 97330-4501

541.737.9928

541.737.3453 (Fax)

541.230.4483 (Cell)

" Without ambition one starts nothing. Without work one finishes
nothing. " - Emerson